Tuesday, 5 December 2017

CAMP 2017

Tuesday 28th November 2017- Day 1

6:30 I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I am up and getting ready to leave for school. I had packed my bags the night before so that means that I didn’t have to do it in the morning. We loaded the car and headed to school. When I was at school I kissed my mum goodbye and entered the hall in my class lines. We did a quick check, “drink bottle, hats, lunch” said Mr. Fourie. When everyone had shown Mr. Fourie that they had their drink bottle, hats and handed our baking in, we got into our camp groups. I was in wasted Potential, with Ashley, Ishaan, Scarlet, Rayhaan, Caitlin, Alex, Brooklyn, Charles, Jaime, Ngawini and Jorden. We put our luggage in the bus and went back to the hall. We did a last minute check and loaded the bus. We took a 1 and a ½ hour drive to PSYV (Peter Snell Youth Village). We sat on the deck and we were welcomed by the owner of PSYV, Gordon. He was telling us about the do’s and don’ts of the village. When we were finished we got our morning tea and then a little bit of free time to put our stuff in the cabins and have a familiarising of the camp. We were all hungry and had some lunch. Now it was time for Activity rotation no. 1. I was doing Masterchef. We were making french toast. This is how it works. Mrs. Crosbie will ask us a question and whichever team got it right would go get and ingredient. Once we had all our ingredients. We could make a start. We had a competition on who could make the best french toast. Our team was in the lead but we later found out that it doesn’t make a difference as we lost because ours was too salty (cough Charles). Straight after our 1st rotation we moved on to the next activity which was hobo stoves. We got to make pancakes, and they were really good. After that it was time for the waterslide. It was a long big rubber slide going down the hill. I was scared to go down from the top but we started in the middle because that's the camp rules. When we all went down it was time for dinner. On the menu we had spaghetti bolognaise and for dessert we had a choice of a brownie or a custard slice. When we were done with dinner we had a little bit of free time just to get ready for the burma trail. We all lined up in our groups and waited to begin. When it was my turn we made our way in the dark to Mr. Fourie where he blindfolded us. We made our way through the forest through sticks, leaves and branches (and parents). When it was bed time we all got into our sleeping bags and of course there was some chatter.

Wednesday 29th November 2017-Day 2

Day 2 of camp started of with my cabin having a nice loud conversation that woke me up. We started the morning with a morning run, everyone's favourite. After we had run and our legs could barely carry us any further we went inside for breakfast for breakfast we had toast and cereal. After that we started with our first activity rotation. I did rifles. The object was to hit the tin in the distance. Looking at the target it looked easy but I stand corrected.  I only managed to hit the target once. When we were finished with rifles we had some morning tea and then off to rotation 2. This time I was doing rock climbing. I was the first person to go and by halfway I thought my arms were going to fall off. We all cheered our team on as everyone went one by one. We headed to the initiative coarse. Here we had to work as a team to get across beams and it sure was difficult. When we were done we had to go through a number of obstacles. Next we headed over to the confidence course were we completed an obstacle course while being time we had time before to work out everyone's strengths.We then moved up to the top for afternoon tea.  Last but not least we had archery. We had two teams (boys and girls) and by the end of the session we had to get points by popping a balloon. It was really tense at the end because there was a small red balloon and whichever team popped it won, and lucky enough Caitlin shot the winning arrow. We got into our togs and headed over to the waterslide. This time it was from the top I was really nervous and didn’t know what to expect. In the end I had a blast and even went for a second go. We headed over and took a shower and got ready for dinner. This time on the menu we had roast beef, roast potatoes and vegetables. We all got ready for the Talent Quest everyone's favourite. As everyone had their laughs it was then time for bed.

Thursday 30th November 2017-Day 3

Same old routine get up get ready morning run. By now I was used to it. We then had breakfast and it was the same as yesterday. We all got ready to go to the amazing SAP (Silverdale Adventure Park). This was something everyone was looking forward to as there were so many amazing rides. There was the vertical bunjee, the luge, the massive flying fox and 3D movies. We had so much fun that time was flying. Although it was fun at the end of the day we were all tired and were ready to head back. We got back and did the waterslide. We then at dinner which was butter chicken. We had some free time while Mr. Fourie and Mr. Munro set up for the Y-games. We had so many different challenges and some really gross ones until it came to an end. We went back to our cabins ready for lights out.

Friday 1st December 2017-Day 4    

Now you're probably thinking same old routine, wrong, this time it was a little different we were woken up to screaming. As we got up we were ambushed by water guns (cough cough Mr. Fourie and Mr. Munro), but I know I should have seen it coming. Although we were all soaking wet the was an upside to this, we had no morning run that meant that we had to do a final tidy up. That meant packing bags and doing our duties. When we were done it was time for the Top Class Event. At first room 5&6 had a big lead but room 7(us) caught up during the confidence course. We were in the lead from there on until archery. Room 8 got a lead and ended up winning. We packed our bags in the bus and said our goodbyes. Mrs. Bailey called Mr. Fourie and Mr. Munro to the middle for a “special Tradition” we all got our drink bottle and poured it on top of them. We then boarded the bus and headed back to school. What an amazing camp experience!!!

THANK YOU MR. FOURIE AND MR. MUNRO!!!