Thursday, 9 November 2017

Fishing Trip Diary

Daily Diary

Thursday 12th, 1992
Today was the day we finally arrived at my favorite place in the world, Dream bay. The amazing fish and chips shop. The great surfing beaches and the best part. The annual fishing trip. Every year we go and spend 3 whole days on the water. Catching fish, eating heaps and just spending time with one another. This year is going to be so much better than the other years. This year my parents have let me and my friends go all by ourselves! 3 nights of partying here we come! When we arrived at the house there was a note taped to the door.

For Thomas
We welcome you to our humble home and hope you have an amazing time on the fishing trip. We hope you and your friends don’t destroy our house in the 4 days you will be staying. Everything is all ready for you and the fridge and cupboards are full of midnight snacks!
We both hope you have lots of fun and have a great time in Dream Bay!
Love,
Nan and Pop
P.s our number is 01234567 If you ever need anything :)

The key was under the mat just like every other time has visited. The door unlocked and as we all walked in we were amazed. Last time I was here the floor and walls were being redone and they had no kitchen. Now it’s all tiled and a massive chandelier hung from the roof. We chucked our bags down went to find our rooms. My room was the biggest but I shared with my best friend Liam. After unpacking we decided to go for a walk down to the beach to catch some waves. After we came back, ate something and packed our bag as we are staying on the boat for the next 3 days! As soon as we had got set up on the boat we take shifts watching out for any other boats or strange thing going on the water. I lay here and thought about Mum and Dad back home. I wonder what they are doing. Woah something just knocked on the side of the boat. I checked it out but nothing was there. Another 3 knocks just came! I just lay here thinking it’s my imagination and slowly drifted off into sleep.

Daily Diary

Friday 13th 1992
Yesterday was one heck up of a day.
I did loads of things that I enjoyed. Today was even a better day with lots of surprises, scary surprises.
Waking up I was super tired and felt bloated seeing as I ate so much last night. Last night was a rough night for sleeping as I heard random knocking on the boat all night. Breakfast was something I did not have on my mind as I was still full from last night dinner, so I woke up and got ready for the day. Putting on my fishing gear was a struggle as I was tired and felt like going back to sleep but I had a big day planned as I went to the Big reef where the most unique fish are found. I started up the boat and the wheel wasn’t turning, this morning was turning out to be pretty bad so far.

I got to the Reef and started unpacking all of my gear, My fishing rod, bait, water, food and my rain jacket in case it started pouring down. I unraveled my fishing rod and put some bait on the end of my fishing hook and threw my anchor down to the bottom of the ocean and then I started fishing. I waited a few minutes until I felt a small yank at the bottom of my fishing rod. Straight away I pulled up and wound my line up a bit. Then let go a bit and then pulled and wound a bit. Suddenly the rod felt loose and nothing was holding onto the end. I wound my line right up and realized that the whole piece of the line had snapped and there was nothing on the end. Whatever did this was one strong fish. Me and the boys ate lunch and just relaxed for the rest of the day while I tried to fix my line. Liam pointed out that it was Friday the 13th and that we should be careful. It was crack up! All day we just made jokes about horror movies and people's faces. At last, the sunset and it was time to eat and sleep. I took first watch and Liam took the next.

During my watch, I didn’t hear any knocking but when Liam was on his watch, he woke me up saying there was a weird knocking coming from down below under the boat.  I knew something was wrong because of last night so we both went to check. We couldn’t see anything so we woke up our other friend, Bruce to do his duty. Liam and I both gave each other scared looks as we drifted into sleep. I woke up to the sound of screaming and the boat nearly capsizing! As I’m running out onto the deck I notice the floor is covered in water stained red. I sprint out only to find half the boat bitten out and Bruce gone. Liam ran out of the cabin like room we sleep in and we both started screaming out Bruce’s name but nothing replied.

Daily Diary
Saturday 14th, 1992
Waking up this morning I felt like I was going to die. I was so scared Bruce was gone and he had died. I felt like crying one of my best friends were gone, gone forever. ‘’What if another one of us got bit or killed, who was next’’. I woke up this morning and felt like the boat was a bit wonky and light. I found Liam panicking as the boat got deeper and deeper.” WE ARE GOING TO DIE THOMAS WE NEED TO GO’’. Still, in my pajamas me and Liam jumped out of the boat. I made sure I had everything I needed especially my diary as it was my prized possession. Me and Liam started swimming as fast as we could trying to get back to shore. Until Liam felt a huge wave of water crash against him and I felt a tug on my leg.’’A SHARK LIAM, IT’S A SHARK’’. I screamed out to Liam. Me and Liam started swimming as fast as we could until we felt like our arms and legs were going to fall off but we still kept swimming, as there was no way me and Liam wanted to die at the age of 14. 10 minutes later I felt safe, safe like I wasn’t going to die, the shark had gone. I could see the beach on the horizon, I was so freaking happy.’’ Crawling on the sand I ran up to my Nan and Pops cabin and I gave them a big hug I was so happy to see them. I told them everything that happened and they were in shock. My Nan saw that I had a big bite mark on my leg and they took me straight to A&E to get it fix and checked out. This was a crazy experience Dream Bay turned into If you wanna die go to here Bay. I might come back to Dream bay for a holiday but definitely not for swimming or fishing.