Thursday, 1 June 2017

Zombicide

Image result for zombicide logo\

What is Zombicide? Zombicide is a very popular board game for teenagers and adults. It is all about Zombies and surviving the Zombie apocalypse.

Screenshot 2017-06-02 at 05.57.35.pngHow to setup? Zombicide is a little bit challenging to set up because, you have to go look through the map booklet and, it will tell you which parts of the board you need to place. But really once that is done it is quite easy because, you just need to place a couple of zombies, some cars, some cards and some doors. The instruction booklet will basically tell you where to put those pieces (if you don’t no). Then after that, you just put on your characters which can be either Josh, Doug, Wanda, Phil, Amy or Ned. Plus you get with each character an ID card(which I will talk about later). So that is the basic part of setup zombicide, now I will tell you how to play the game.

Screenshot 2017-06-02 at 05.58.58.pngI will start with the characters about their ID cards and what they are used for. So how you use your characters ID card is that there will be two slots saying card in hand and, three slots saying card in reserve. What that means is the card in hand you use to fight off zombies like a pan but, it can also be not a weapon like bottled water. Also on the top of the ID card, you will see numbers on this multi-colored line. That means the more zombies you kill, the better your EXP will go up and, plus you will be reward with something as well. Now how to get these cards? Simple, every time it is your turn you get 3 action points and you can either search or walk around the place. If you want weapons or other stuff you should pick search because you could pick up a decide weapon that can kill zombies. Just don’t get the pan it is the worst.

Screenshot 2017-06-02 at 06.01.00.pngScreenshot 2017-06-02 at 06.02.01.pngScreenshot 2017-06-02 at 06.03.10.pngNow I will tell the basic game rules for zombicide. So each character has 3 action points and can decide to walk around or search but, once all action points are done your turn is over. Once everyone has had a turn, you then have to draw a zombie card which determines how many zombies you add to the board in their spawning places. On the zombie cards, it has the same colors because the person with the highest EXP passes blue, you then stop spawn zombies from the blue color and now you spawn from the yellow color. It gets harder the higher your EXP goes up. Now the last two things I will talk about is different types of zombies and how they are used. I will also be talking about the how to use weapons. I will start off with the zombies. There are 4 types of zombies, walkers, runners, fatties and there is a boss zombie as well the Abomination. With walkers their just your average zombie that can be killed in 1 hit. Then you got runners that don’t just move one space, they move 2 spaces but they are quite easy to kill in 1 hit as the walker. Then you got fatties that are 2 to 3 hits and he will be killed but, he is quite powerful. The last one is the boss zombie Abomination that can only be killed by a Molotov cocktail. The only way you are going to get that is by search until you get a bottle and probably gasoline so it can light on fire. Now last but, not least we will learn how to use a weapon. This is also quite simple all you need to do is look at the range and how far it will shoot. Then next to it determines how many dice you get. The more dice you get the easier it is to kill zombies. Then the one next to that tells you what you need to roll. Like if it said 3 and I had two dice, and I got 1 and 3 I win because it is higher than the number I need to roll. Then the last one next to it means how much damage it does so if it said 1. I will be able to kill a runner and walker but not a fattie because it needs two damage. So you might need to do it a couple of times with those.

That is basically how you play zombicide. I hope I have taught you enough. If there wasn’t enough information go to this website down below. By the way, this is season 1 and there are 4 seasons to zombicide.

All photos were from this Zombicide website